Apr 9, 2013, 5:53 PM EDT
Yes, I will be in attendance tonight at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn as the visiting Sixers take on the Nets. (Don’t worry, they’re my Nets fan friends tickets, and he got them as a birthday gift, I’m not actually spending money to watch either of these teams.)
Apr 8, 2013, 10:38 PM EDT
No excuses left, sadly.
It wasn’t a couple of flukes. It wasn’t the catcher. It wasn’t bad luck with the long ball, and it wasn’t Doc needing a couple starts to round into form. Roy Halladay of April 2013 is simply not the Roy Halladay of 2010-11. The question is if he ever will be again, and from the returns tonight, it’s hard to be terribly optimistic.
Apr 5, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
Jrue Holiday had easily the worst game of his professional career–since we expected anything of him, anyway–against the Bobcats on Wednesday, going 2-24 in a shooting night that left the Damaja with a batting average that would make even early-season Ryan Howard embarrassed. A couple weeks ago, we might have celebrated Jrue for his pro-tanking efforts, but the Sixers have won too many games to tank much further–only the Timberwolves, at two games behind, and the Wizards and Raptors at two-and-a-half games behind even have a chance of catching the Sixers, and with only eight games left it’s not too likely–so at this point, we encourage him to get mad and get even, preferably tonight against the Atlanta Hawks.
Mar 28, 2013, 2:48 PM EDT
Danny Briere has been the subject of trade rumors for the past month, which I suppose in a way is actually a good thing for the two-time All Star. Theyve taken some of the focus off the fact that hes having his worst season in the NHL since he was 21 years old.
We’re Not Saying Doc’s Start Today Is the Most Important of the Season, But… Yeah, We’re Not Saying That
Mar 28, 2013, 11:59 AM EDT
But it’s a damn big one.
The Phillies take on the Blue Jays this afternoon in what will be their final game down in Florida before returning to Philadelphia to play their yearly On Deck Series tomorrow and Saturday at Citizens Bank Park against the same Toronto team. Typically, the final game down in Florida is a chance for everybody to fine tune whatever last minute thing each guy has been working on all spring. Rarely is so much riding on the final spring start from a pitcher. But Roy Halladay has had a wacky and quite concerning spring.
Mar 28, 2013, 11:15 AM EDT
This fan was living large last night. He ponied up big money to sit first row courtside for the big Sixers vs. Bucks game on Wednesday night. Then he got himself a glass of something red, maybe a nice Malbec or Cab Sav, in a plastic cup and he was on top of the world. But then it all coming pouring down on him when Royal Ivey crashed into the first row and sent his dark red beverage flying all over the place. The poor kid next to him may have gotten drunk on the fumes alone.
Mar 28, 2013, 11:08 AM EDT
Credit to Penguins GM Ray Shero for somehow managing how to make Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, Marc-Andre Fleury, James Neal, Brooks Orpik, Chris Kunitz, and the recent additions of Brenden Morrow and Douglas Murray all fit under the salary cap … oh, plus Iginla.
Mar 28, 2013, 2:13 AM EDT
This was the most interesting scene from a basketball game I did not watch. Why? Because if theres anything worse than losing to the 76ers, its not being able to go home immediately afterward.
Mar 28, 2013, 12:18 AM EDT
This of course is a theoretical question, like Why am I here? or How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? I think just about everybody has resigned themselves to the idea that the Flyers will not be making the playoffs this year, but since its not mathematically impossible, what is the math on that anyway?
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return