Mar 27, 2013, 1:03 PM EST
Tim McCarver will retire from broadcasting following the 2013 season. The move was announced today on a conference call. That means one half of FOX’s No. 1 baseball broadcasting duo will be hanging them up. It’s safe to say many baseball fans were not also fans of the former Phillie in the broadcast booth.
“I’ve informed FOX Sports that I will not seek to extend my
contract to broadcast baseball past the 2013 season,” McCarver said.
“Although I am neither tired of broadcasting baseball nor have I in any
way lost my interest in baseball, with which I have been associated as a
player and broadcaster for 55 years, it’s time to cut back.
Kind of an odd statement.
|Jason R. on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|Webuppp on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|kirk on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Tito Santantana Offt… on Allen Iverson in latest Reebok…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return