Feb 13, 2014, 12:53 PM EDT
I don’t know what’s outside your window right now but I’m willing to bet it’s white or gray and has no hint of sunlight whatsoever. So with that, let’s look at some of the first photos to emerge from Spring Training 2014 down in Clearwater, Florida.
Philadelphia Phillies baseball is just around the corner. Get excited.
Also, on today’s Lunch Break above, Jim Salisbury and John Clark talk about Cole Hamels sharing news of his discomfort with the press yesterday. Sully says it’s something that worries him, as we discussed this morning, that’s probably a safe thing to be worried about. If you want to get anyone’s take on the comings and goings of spring, Sully is the guy to listen to.
Here are the obligatory photos with palm trees and green grass. All photos by USA Today Sports.
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money