Sep 29, 2011, 11:28 AM EDT
In one of the more enjoyable articles we’ve read about the madness that was last night’s MLB games, The New York Times’ political stat man Nate Silver looks at the wild probability of all of the events leading up to last night’s Red Sox and Braves’ collapses.
His explanation that doesn’t uses any baseball stats is by far the best.
*If you’re a Curb Your Enthusiasm fan but have not seen all of the episodes from this season, we suggest you stop reading now if you don’t want any spoilers.*
“Mister Softee”, Mr. Buckner was featured prominently. Jeered by Red
Sox fans everywhere he went, he dropped a baseball autographed by Mookie
Wilson out a window. But he restored his reputation after catching a
baby dropped from a burning building.
Mr. Buckner’s redemption was superfluous: a case of two 180-degree
rotations turning the Red Sox’ karma all the way back around. From the
day that the episode aired, the Red Sox went 6-18.
How amazing is this graph?
|Marianne on Cole Hamels could miss all of…|
|teguhp63 on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|33 on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|sfsu on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return