May 6, 2013, 11:54 AM EDT
There have not been an abundance of reasons to feel good about the results of the games on the field down at Citizens Bank Park this season. But there have been a handful of feel good stories like the one that took place on Teacher Appreciation Night on Friday to make us feel a little better about the world.
A number of teachers were honored on the field prior to the contest with the Marlins and their students who nominated them for their great work also got to tag along. Among them was a 7-year-old named A.J. who suffers from a vision disease known as Leber congenital amaurosis. He had a chance to chat with Phillies slugger Ryan Howard and presented him with a special wristband which Howard wore during the game. He also told the Big Piece to hit a home run for him.
And then he actually hit one.
Howard deposited a ball into the seats in the second inning and the Phillies cameras caught up with little A.J. and got his incredibly awesome and exciting reaction to Howard probably hitting a homer for him.
|CD on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|NBA lottery is rigge… on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|J on CEO Scott O’Neil promise…|
|philasopher on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money