Jun 15, 2011, 1:24 PM EDT
In one of the more bizarre things we’ve seen while watching a baseball game, Marlins catcher Brett Hayes, when throwing the ball back to his pitcher, hit batter Shane Victorino in the side of the head.
Shane was perplexed at how awful a professional baseball player’s aim could be, but eventually shrugged it off.
Victorino paid him back by ripping a double a few pitches later and subsequently scored on a Ryan Howard double.
UPDATE: watch a GIF of the play here
|Tom on Union have real chance to make…|
|Craig on It doesn’t matter what w…|
|t800m101 on Interesting theory on Jake Vor…|
|ochospantalones on Cliff Lee struck out 13 Braves…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money