May 29, 2012, 2:15 PM EDT
ESPN’s Buster Olney joined Tony Bruno and Harry Mayes on 97.5 The Fanatic to discuss all things Phillies this afternoon, which of course means Roy Halladay and Cole Hamels. Not Ryan Howard though, who Ruben Amaro had banished to another dimension on a rehab assignment.
On Halladay, Olney could only speculate like the rest of us on what’s wrong. He remarked that it’s not uncommon for Major League pitchers to experience general wear and tear throughout their careers, adding Doc will likely try to work through whatever it is. That said, if you were to boil down the interview to one line, it’s not something that would instill confidence.
Halladay is scheduled to visit a medical doctor today (important distinction), so we should know something more and concrete in the coming days. That said, some time off for Halladay is starting to look inevitable, and who knows how long until he can get back on track.
Olney also touched on the status of negotiations between the Phillies and Hamels, and while there is still plenty of time to talk, King Cole seems to have all the leverage.
Olney doesn’t think Hamels will actually get a Sabathia deal, but noted he will be far and away the best pitcher on the market when free agency opens. It sounds like the Fightins are really going to have to wow Hamels if they want to have any chance of keeping him off the market, especially with the season he’s having.
The interview also touches on whether Roy Oswalt could be in the picture, and what kind of return the Phils can expect for their coveted players should the team become sellers before the trade deadline.
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return