Jun 3, 2012, 6:36 PM EDT
The Phils fell to the Marlins 5-1 on Sunday, missing out on an opportunity to win their third consecutive series, and more importantly, gain some ground on a divisional foe. I suppose the result was predictable. Joe Blanton is still prone to the long ball against literally anybody wielding lumber, serving up his ninth and tenth home runs in his last four starts, including one by the opposing pitcher for the second consecutive outing.
The news was not all bad after the game though. Phillies bench coach second baseman Chase Utley told reporters he’s hopping a plane for Clearwater on Monday, and this time he’ll be there to play baseball.
Utley will test the water with some extended spring training before presumably eventually joining the Threshers. As usual, timetable = none — nor has what position he might play in the field been addressed — but Chase appearing in any type of actual ball game will be a welcome sight.
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
|Kelley jackson on ‘Iverson’ document…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money