Mar 19, 2012, 11:15 AM EDT
After releasing a statement earlier Monday saying that Chase Utley’s rehab had hit a plateau and that Utley will be leaving Clearwater to see a specialist, Ruben Amaro Jr. told reporters that it’s also unlikely that Utley would start opening day. Instead, shortstop prospect Freddy Galvis will look to transition to 2B and could be your opening day starter in place of Chase.
Ruben says opening day unlikely for Utley. Condition in both knees. Won’t say where utley went. Galvis the guy at second.
— Jim Salisbury (@JSalisburyCSN) March 19, 2012
Last year it was Utley’s right knee. This time it’s both, and Ruben says left is worse of the two.
— David Hale (@DavidHaleTNJ) March 19, 2012
|mattybo24 on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|thekrisheim on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Marvin Monroe on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|The Green Hornet on Ryan Howard suddenly off to on…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money