May 19, 2013, 6:21 PM EDT
Cliff Lee’s base-running blunder in the bottom of the ninth inning on Sunday could have cost the Phillies the game. It didn’t. And Erik Kratz and Freddy Galvis got Lee off the hook by bashing back-to-back home runs off of Aroldis Champman to propel the Phils to a series victory.
Lee was visibly pissed at himself after making the bone-headed mistake. After the game, however, his t-shirt sent a different message. According to CSN’s John Finger, Cliff’s t-shirt read:
“Don’t worry, be Charlie.”
That sounds like great advice.
Update: You can get the t-shirt here.
And Charlie Manuel had a good laugh at Lee’s expense as you can see in the video below. Cholly was sure to point out that “it’s not really funny” though while everyone giggled.
Ahhh, life is so much better when you win.
Cliff Lee was wearing a t-shirt that read, “Don’t worry, be Charlie.” Always sound advice.
— John R. Finger (@jrfingerCSN) May 19, 2013
|Howie on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|bgp on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|mattybo24 on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|thekrisheim on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money