Apr 21, 2013, 5:14 AM EDT
Cliff Lee was not himself on Saturday night in the Phillies 5-0 loss to the St. Louis Cardinals in South Philadelphia. Lee, who has been known to go months without allowing a free pass, couldn’t find his control last night and walked three guys in one inning. He had allowed only one base on balls in his first three starts this season.
All three walks on Saturday came around to score eventually.
He talked about his lack of command following the game and made no excuses, stating he simply has to do a better job.
The Phillies drop to 7-11 and are currently 6.5 games back of Atlanta, 3.5 back of Washington, and — ugh — 2 back of New York.
Thankfully there is Miami to help our self esteem from evaporating into nothing.
“I mean, it kinda is what it is,” Lee added.
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
|Kelley jackson on ‘Iverson’ document…|
|Mungman on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money