Jun 22, 2011, 6:27 PM EDT
Cliff Lee has been filthy in his three most recent starts at Citizens Bank Park (1 ER in 24.0 innings, good for a 0.38), but is winless (0-3) over his last four road starts. So, what’s the deal with the differential, everyone wonders.
“Whatever,” Cliff would likely say.
Lee (7-5, 3.12) will take on former Phillies Kyle Lohse (7-3, 2.88) who is having a fine season for the Cardinals.
Lee’s road issues were magnified in his last start in St. Louis when he allowed a career-high 6 walks. That said, he hasn’t allowed over 3 runs in any of his starts against the Cards.
Charlie Manuel will give Ben Francisco a rare start in left field this evening against the right-handed Lohse. Placido Polanco’s finger appears to be okay after a scary hit-by-pitch last night and Polly will bat fifth this evening.
Tony LaRussa will keep it Tony this evening and bat Lohse eighth while second baseman Pete Kozma will bat in the nine hole.
A 8:15 EST start from the Lou. Don’t expect so much help from the Cards pitching this evening.
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money