Cliff Lee Thinks Hitting Triples Is Fun and All But Would Prefer a Nice Leisurely Trot Around the Bases
Sep 17, 2013, 9:35 AM EDT
Oh, Cliff. After his three hit night at the plate including a triple and 4 RBIs, Lee joked with the media that he’d prefer a nice easy stroll around the bases as opposed to having to leg it to third. He has a point.
“I’d prefer to hit then trot the bases and go sit in the dugout,” Lee said. “When you’re on the bases it usually means that you did something productive. You worked your way on base. Once you’re there you gotta run the bases. I try to do everything I can to help the team win. I take it all serious.”
AU already wrote about some of the unique stats from Lee’s impressive night at the dish coupled with his 14 Ks on the mound. Be sure to check those out.
And John Finger was in the clubhouse today to document some of the fun t-shirts the Phillies were wearing that featured Cliff Lee’s mug and an interesting phrase: I’m different.
He certainly is.
Hey, when you’re out of the playoff hunt, you got to find a way to keep things interesting. Having some fun at Cliff Lee’s expense seems like as good a way as any. Plus, watching a Phillie dominate and set records is fun any year no matter the standings.
You can watch the highlights from Lee’s badass performance below:
|Phil From Mt Airy on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return