Jul 25, 2012, 1:43 AM EDT
Tell me if this sounds definitive (and totally awesome):
“Cole Hamels will remain with the Philadelphia Phillies.”
There’s no “likely to,” no “leaning towards,” etc.
The above statement is how Ken Rosenthal started out his report in the wee hours of Wednesday morning.
He continues by saying Hamels is “close to completing” the second largest contract ever given to a pitcher behind only CC Sabathia’s mammoth deal with the Yankees.
“The left-hander is close to completing a six-year contract extension for
more than $137.5 million, according to major-league sources,” Rosenthal writes. [Update: Jon Heyman says the 6-year deal is worth $144 million]
Sounds good to the city of Philadelphia.
Now just make it official.
UPDATE, 3:15 a.m.: CBS Sports Danny Knobler adds that, “John Boggs, Hamels’ agent, was on a late-night flight from San Diego to
Philadelphia to finalize and announce the new deal, sources told
CBSSports.com’s Scott Miller late Tuesday.”
|yishmeister on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|コーチ アウトレット 正規品 on A Comprehensive Guide to the B…|
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money