Jan 23, 2013, 4:47 PM EDT
Delmon Young will get paid to hit home runs for the Phillies this year. He could also get paid rather lucratively to eat fewer Grand Slams.
The deal for the AL championship
series MVP, announced Tuesday, calls for him to get on a scale on six
occasions to be chosen by the team. He’ll receive $100,000 each time he
makes weight, according to details obtained by The Associated Press. The
first three times, he must be 230 pounds or less, and the second three,
235 pounds or less.
The Inquirer says he weighed in at 238 pounds this week.
Someone needs to convert the Weight Watchers’ point system to a dollar amount. Each french fry is now equal to approximately $1,752 bucks while a Schmitter is equal to approximately $29,840.
I just polished off $14,000 worth of Ben and Jerry’s Americone Dream.
|Henry Corbitt on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|BenE. on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Marcus Hayes on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|yishmeister on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money