Jun 1, 2013, 12:17 PM EDT
Hey, know who we like talking about? Domonic Brown. Because even when the Phillies lose to a lousy team like the Brewers, that guy gives us a reason to watch, belting two more home runs to bump his total to 12 for the month of May.
Know who else has hit at least 12 home runs in a single month at 25-years-old or younger in the last 20 seasons? You should. It’s a pretty good list.
Corey Seidman Tweeted this out on Friday shortly after Dom hit his seventh bomb in seven days. Needless to say, it caught our attention.
25 or younger w/ 12-HR month last 20 yrs: Griffey, A-Rod, Vlad, Dunn, Pujols, Beltre, Tex, Prince, Tulo, Bruce, Stanton, J. Upton & DomBrown
— Corey Seidman (@CoreySeidman) June 1, 2013
What do all of those players have in common (besides the obvious hitting 12 HR in a month at or under the age of 25)? Two things. First of all, they’ve all been named All Stars, something Brown is going to be a lock for if his production keeps up anywhere near this pace.
Second, they’re pretty much all power hitters. The guys who have done this continued to be among the league leaders in home runs for many years. In other words, if he is like all of these guys – and he’s being bunched in with them here – this fireworks display has been anything but a fluke.
This is just how Dom Brown rolls.
Brown may have completed the month of May without drawing a single walk, but he batted .303, slugged .688, and had an impressive .991 OPS. And the Phillies may have dropped to three games below .500, but thanks to some Domonation, they haven’t completely lost us yet.
Of course, if they can’t get something going on this stretch, they might. After all, Brown is due to slump eventually.
|Marianne on Cole Hamels could miss all of…|
|teguhp63 on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|33 on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|sfsu on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return