Apr 20, 2011, 2:14 PM EDT
Fans around these parts have been a bit harsh on Joe Blanton lately. Criticism of his rough early start to the 2011 season may be a bit warranted, but regardless of that, all Phillies fans are pulling for him to turn it around this evening against the Brewers at CBP.
Blanton (0-1, 10.45) will take on Milwaukee’s Shaun Marcum (2-1, 2.55) in the first of the three game series. The Brew crew has been inconsistent as of late, beating the Pirates in a rain-shortened two game series in Pittsburgh, yet dropping three straight over the weekend in Washington. The Phils also catch a bit of a break by missing Zack Greinke who is still on the DL with a fractured left rib which he suffered in the spring playing pickup basketball.
Chase Utley Jog Watch
According to Jim Salisbury down at the ballpark, “Chase Utley is doing running drills in the outfield” and Roy Oswalt threw a bullpen and should make his scheduled start on Thursday in San Diego.
Also on the transaction front, Brian Schlitter was returned to the Cubs after some issues with injury and how that works with waiver claims.
First pitch scheduled for 7:05. It’s dollar dog night at the park, and you’ve got a few other local games of interest in the schedule. Manage your time wisely.
VIDEO: Here’s Jimmy Ballscribe previwing the matchup.
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
|Kelley jackson on ‘Iverson’ document…|
|Mungman on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money