Apr 3, 2013, 2:47 PM EDT
After picking apart each one of his six spring appearances, it’s almost as if Roy Halladay has already been declared “done.” If that’s the reaction to the guy’s spring — when the games don’t mean anything — then the rush to write off Halladay likely won’t take long if he falters out of the gate.
Roy gets his first shot to shake off his scary spring when he and the Phillies face Paul Malholm and the Braves at 7:10 p.m. (MyPHL17).
It’s worth mention that if Halladay is in the process of reinventing himself, as he’s admitted, the reinvention might not happen overnight. So even if Roy gets out to a rough start in April, it’s not inconceivable that he could improve throughout the season just like any other pitcher.
Nonetheless, all eyes are on Roy tonight and all the talk will be about his performance come tomorrow. In a perfect world, he breaks eight or nine faces and is back in time to hit up the zoo with the penguin in the morning.
However this start or this season turns out, Doc’s already had such a stellar career that a win tonight would give him the 200th of his career, making him only the fourth pitcher in Phillies history to get No. 200 while wearing red pinstipes. The other three — Steve Carlton, Robin Roberts and, according to Wisniewski over at Beerleaguer:
“Guy Weyhing, of course! In 1893, when he finished 23-16.”
Good ol’, Guy.
Hey, no pressure, Roy. Just another start, right you guys?
Tonight’s 7:10 lineup at Atlanta. Halladay vs. Maholm. PHL17/1210WPHT/94WIP: twitter.com/Phillies/statu…
— Phillies (@Phillies) April 3, 2013
|galasso2586 on 3 Stars: Sloppy Flyers complet…|
|Marvin Monroe on 3 Stars: Sloppy Flyers complet…|
|Jason R. on Jason Akeson doesn’t deserve t…|
|that guy on Jason Akeson doesn’t deserve t…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money