Oct 29, 2012, 1:22 PM EDT
Pat Burrell could never be in the news enough if you ask us. As you likely know, The Bat is now a scout in the San Francisco Giants organization. The same organization that won the World Series last night.
Over the weekend the former member of the 2008 WFC Philadelphia Phillies was allegedly involved in some sort of altercation with CBS Sports baseball writer Jon Heyman. At least that’s what Heyman had to say about it on Twitter, as recounted by Deadspin.
The origin of the altercation is hazy, but Heyman said that Kevin Millar and an MLB PB guy had to intercede when “Pat Burrell tried to fight [him] in bar.” The bat even cursed!
That’s about all the pertinent details, but Deadspin has some more minor anecdotes, including a tweet from Philadelphia sports writing soothsayer Kevin Cooney.
Pat the Bat, making things happen at local drinking establishments since 1998.
|chester on It doesn’t matter what w…|
|Fly guy on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Chief on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Scott B on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money