May 19, 2013, 1:04 PM EDT
Saturday was ugly down at Citizens Bank Park.
Even the typically quiet-tweeting Jim Salisbury felt the need to point out what a savage pummeling the Phillies were receiving.
But today is Sunday and a win in the rubber match eases the pain of yesterday.
This has turned into a savage pummeling
— Jim Salisbury (@JSalisburyCSN) May 18, 2013
The Phils will have their hands full with Homer Bailey (2-3, 3.51) who perplexed their bats back in April. The Fightins managed just two hits off of Bailey and struck out 10 times over eight innings but still managed to eek out a 1-0 victory. He’s been solid for most of the season but that was by far his best outing of the year and tied his career-high in strikeouts. The Phillies are good for stuff like that these days it seems.
The home squad will counter with Jonathan Pettibone (3-0, 3.41) who has pitched surprisingly well thus far for the big league club.
1:35 start time from the Bank. Could be a bit dreary. Not exactly hitting weather today. Hopefully we get to see Jonathan Broxton at some point.
Here’s Charlie’s left-heavy lineup. Remember Ben Revere? He’s playing today.
— Phillies (@Phillies) May 19, 2013
|bgp on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|mattybo24 on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|thekrisheim on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Marvin Monroe on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money