May 29, 2012, 5:34 PM EST
As a fan base reacts to the Phillies losing Roy Halladay for at least 6-8 weeks, the game goes on this evening as the Fightins take on the New York Mets in the second of three at Citi Field.
The offense got an injection of Ty Wigginton in yesterday’s 8-4 victory and hope the career day (6 RBI!) can spark Wiggy’s bat to stay hot just in time for Hitting Weather™. He’ll bat cleanup tonight.
It’ll be Joe Blanton (2-2, 4.55) going up against right-hander Jeremy Hefner (0-2, 6.17) this evening in Queens.
Blanton is coming off an ugly no-decision in his last start in which he lasted only 4.1 innings and got beat around for 7 earned on 10 hits. That was the wild contest in which the Phillies beat the Cardinals 10-9. His ERA has jumped from 2.96 to 4.55 over his last two starts and he’s been giving up the long ball at an alarming rate.
It’ll be just the second MLB start for Mets RHP Hefner, who got shelled in his first go around on May 24 against the Padres at Citi.
Carlos Ruiz is not in the lineup this evening after being evaluated in Philadelphia on Tuesday as well. According to David Hale, Chooch has a mild hamstring strain but is available to pinch hit this evening.
Charlie’s lineup this evening: 1. Rollins, 2. Pierre, 3. Pence, 4. Wigginton (BEAST), 5. Victorino, 6. Polanco, 7. Galvis, 8. Schneider, 9. Blanton.
7:10 start from Flushing.
Some levity in the Halladay situation:
ZWR sources indicate 3 physical therapists assigned to Halladay have already handed in resignations due to “excessive, unrealistic demands”
— Zoo With Roy (@zoowithroy) May 29, 2012
|2sentz on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|thisguy on Philly WrestleMania update: no…|
|Chris on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|wheeeeeeee.com on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages