Jul 23, 2012, 5:44 PM EDT
While the Philadelphia Phillies (42-54) are a hefty 12 games under .500, the Milwaukee Brewers (44=50) are only 6 games below that mediocre mark, so maybe the Brew Crew still has an ounce of hope left in them.
Roy Halladay (4-5, 3.96) will take on Randy Wolf (3-6, 5.60) in the first of the three game set this evening. Wolf appears to be in the twilight of his career and has struggled this season. Halladay is throwing his second game back from the DL, so he could likely be on a pitch count as well.
One note on Halladay, he’s just 4 strikeouts shy of 2,000 for his career. Only Kevin Millwood and CC Sabathia are active 2,000K guys who reached it in fewer innings than Halladay would if done tonight.
As for the lineup: Placido Polanco is off with some back stiffness. Ty Wigginton starts in his place. Manuel opted to go with John Mayberry Jr. after a hot day at the dish yesterday with two home runs.
7:05 start. It’s pretty hot out there. Ball could be flying.
Here’s Sully with a preview:
|bgp on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|mattybo24 on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|thekrisheim on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Marvin Monroe on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money