Jul 23, 2012, 5:44 PM EDT
While the Philadelphia Phillies (42-54) are a hefty 12 games under .500, the Milwaukee Brewers (44=50) are only 6 games below that mediocre mark, so maybe the Brew Crew still has an ounce of hope left in them.
Roy Halladay (4-5, 3.96) will take on Randy Wolf (3-6, 5.60) in the first of the three game set this evening. Wolf appears to be in the twilight of his career and has struggled this season. Halladay is throwing his second game back from the DL, so he could likely be on a pitch count as well.
One note on Halladay, he’s just 4 strikeouts shy of 2,000 for his career. Only Kevin Millwood and CC Sabathia are active 2,000K guys who reached it in fewer innings than Halladay would if done tonight.
As for the lineup: Placido Polanco is off with some back stiffness. Ty Wigginton starts in his place. Manuel opted to go with John Mayberry Jr. after a hot day at the dish yesterday with two home runs.
7:05 start. It’s pretty hot out there. Ball could be flying.
Here’s Sully with a preview:
|Momby on 3 Stars: Ref disallows late go…|
|Jay D on 3 Stars: Ref disallows late go…|
|willh888 on 3 Stars: Ref disallows late go…|
|galasso2586 on Safety First: Eagles agree to…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return