Jun 1, 2012, 4:16 PM EST
The Phillies are back at it tonight in South Philadelphia after an off day on Thursday. They’ll play three against the hot Miami Marlins before welcoming in the L.A. Dodgers for four early next week.
The story of the night from down at the ballpark is that Shane Victorino will get his first rest of the season after receiving a cortisone shot in his right hand. John Mayberry Jr. will man Vic’s territory in center while Hector Luna gets the start in left.
It’ll be Kyle Kendrick (1-4, 4.10) going up against the Marlins’ recently hot left-hander Mark Buehrle (5-4, 3.26). Kendrick is coming off one of his best outings in a Phillies uniform, a complete game shutout in St. Louis in which he held the Cardinals to seven hits (6 singles and 1 double). The Phillies hope he can build off of that career-best effort as they’re without Roy Halladay for the immediate future.
Vance Worley tossed another bullpen session this afternoon and could be back in the rotation on Monday against the Dodgers. Nothing definitive just yet though.
7:05 start time from CBP. Let’s see the distance between us and the Fish shrink this weekend.
Victorino had a cortisone shot in his right hand today. Bothered him hitting lefthanded. Doesn’t think it’s serious. Hopes to play tomorrow.
— Todd Zolecki (@ToddZolecki) June 1, 2012
Tonight’s lineup vs. Marlins: Rollins SS, Polanco 3B, Pence RF, Ruiz C, Wigginton 1B, Luna LF, Mayberry CF, Galvis 2B, Kendrick P
— Phillies (@Phillies) June 1, 2012
|brandonphilly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|Danimal on Nick Foles gets the Sports Ill…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages