Sep 15, 2011, 2:16 PM EDT
The Phillies kick off their double header today against the Marlins with Kyle Kendrick (7-6, 3.29) making his first start since August 24th. He was not great in that outing against the Mets, but had some bad luck which cost him 4 unearned runs. Say what you will about Kendrick, but he brings value to the club in his ability to go from the ‘pen to the starter’s mound and do so with mostly positive results.
Charlie Manuel appreciates Kendrick’s versatility and believes he could be a nice starter someday. Hopefully he can wrap up the 2011 season with a win or two so the rest of the rotation can set themselves up for the all-important postseason.
No Jimmy Rollins or Chase Utley in the first game. Charlie may be saving them for the night cap with Clifton Phifer Lee on the mound.
They’ll face right-hander Anibal Sanchez (8-7, 3.64) for the Fish. First pitch set for 2:35.
Today’s 2:35 lineup vs FL: Victorino CF, Polanco 3B, Pence RF, Howard 1B, Ibanez LF, Orr 2B, Schneider C, Martinez SS, Kendrick P. CSN, WPHT
|yishmeister on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|コーチ アウトレット 正規品 on A Comprehensive Guide to the B…|
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money