Oct 22, 2012, 11:24 AM EST
Our pals over at Beerleaguer posted about the New York Daily News suggesting that one of the key things the Yankees should do this offseason is trade center fielder Curtis Granderson to the Phillies for prospect Darin Ruf. We’d be okay with that.
Daily News writer John Harper was none too pleased with Grandyman’s strikeout rate in 2012 and believes that the Yankees brass isn’t going to commit to him long term, so with one option year left on his contract the time to move him is now. The return desired by Mr. Harper is the Phillies’ Ruf.
As J. Weitzel writes over at Beerleaguer, this seems like a no-brainer for Ruben, but it’s still good to see Ruf is doing well down in Venezuela:
Ruf has caught fire in Venezuela, belting his fourth homer Sunday. In
eight games, he’s hitting .276/.344/.724, enough to give, like, maybe,
two seconds pause over a Grandserson for Ruf trade.
Maybe we can get Granderson and A-Rod in some sort of package deal for Ruf and Erik Kratz, but only if the Yanks pay all of A-Rod’s contract forever.
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return