Jul 1, 2012, 4:06 PM EDT
After getting DFA’d earlier in the week and requesting a trade, Chad Qualls has indeed gotten his wish.
As reported and abbreviated by Todd Zolecki, the Phillies have dealt Qualls to the Yankees for either cash or a player to be named later.
In 35 appearances with the Phillies, Qualls posted a 4.60 ERA and a 1.532 WHIP.
Believe it or not for all the talk surrounding his blowups, of which there were obviously enough, the beleaguered reliever did have periods of success. He gave up just one run in his first nine appearances, and after a dreadful month of May, pitched surprisingly well in June with two notable exceptions. Indeed, he gave up zero earned in 13 of his 15 trips to the mound in June, and held opponents scoreless in nine straight outings before his final implosion against the Pirates last Wednesday.
That said, both of those “notable exceptions” in June featured three earned. Let’s not even talk about May.
Leave your comments below, and enjoy these immediate reactions from the currently-logged-on-AIM Level staff here:
Enrico: “Maybe now they’ll have enough to re-sign Hamels.”
Kulp: “Maybe now they’ll have enough to Super Size their order.”
Nick: “Everyone knows you can’t do that anymore, Kulp.”
|mattybo24 on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|thekrisheim on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Marvin Monroe on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|The Green Hornet on Ryan Howard suddenly off to on…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money