Oct 4, 2012, 2:47 AM EST
Somehow, somewhere there is actually an ongoing conversation about who will win the American League MVP award. As an impartial observer, allow me to settle this for everybody, be it voters and fans alike.
Uh… I think it’s the guy who accomplished a feat that hasn’t been witnessed in 45 years.
With a .331 batting average, 44 home runs, and 139 runs batted in, the Detroit Tigers’ Miguel Cabrera became the first winner of baseball’s Triple Crown since Boston’s Carl Yastrzemski in 1967. Clearly this is not an event that occurs once every blue moon, or really at all anymore.
We’re going to pretend we don’t know the name of the other player in the debate, and simply ask: what debate? Cabrera won the Triple Crown, something most of us only believed was realistic when we were still children. Then his team won a division title and is heading to the postseason to boot.
Stop manufacturing drama! Anybody out there who is actually advocating another player for Most Valuable Player should be forced to turn in their credentials immediately.
You obviously have no clue what you are looking for.
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return