Feb 15, 2013, 4:09 PM EDT
Philadelphia Phillies fans were lukewarm on the signing of third baseman Michael Young this offseason. Young has been an All-Star and strung together plenty of great seasons in Texas, but he’s 36 this season and hasn’t played much third base the past couple of years.
CSN Philly’s John Gonzalez wrote today about Young having resided in Dallas, Texas for over a decade, which — let’s be honest — can lead a person to some strange tendencies. How long did it take for a Philadelphian to ask him if he was a Cowboys fan, you may be wondering? He didn’t even get passed the airport.
The convo started when 94WIP/FOX29 reporter Howard Eskin asked the very important question of whether or not he’ll continue to be a Cowboys fan given his current 215 area code.
Before he ended Friday’s interview at Bright House Field, one reporter
(OK, fine, it was Howard Eskin) asked Young what he termed “an important
question.” Now that Young is with the Phillies, will he “give up being a
Cowboys fan?” Young’s reply was priceless.
“You suck,” he said to Eskin (jokingly).
Young should fit in just fine.
Michael Young, saying what many Philly fans have been thinking for decades.
And for the record, Young says he’s not planning on ditching his Cowboys fandom. Which is fine. He needs to get used to getting booed playing in Philly.
Click here for the full text of Gonzo’s article on Young.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money