Dec 13, 2011, 11:21 AM EDT
Interesting signing for the Phillies today, who are reported to be close to inking lefty Dontrelle Willis on a one-year deal. Jerry Crasnick of ESPN appears to be the first media member to report that the deal was close this morning. He says it’s worth a million for the season, plus performance bonuses.
Interestingly, the deal was hinted at last night on Twitter, when
Dontrelle (@D_Train35) asked what the weather was like in Philly. Shane
Victorino replied, “haha! Beautiful! Welcome to town homie”
Willis could be the lefty specialist the Phils have been looking for to bolster their bullpen, with nice splits when used against them (whether Charlie actually does that is another story). Crashburn Alley has a deeper look at the stats.
D-Train might even be a nice bat off the bench in a pinch. We’ve all seen what he can do with the bat, and Matt Gelb points out that he hit .387 in 31 at bats with the Reds last year.
Chris Wheeler is going to have an absolute field day with this goofy guy.
|shopping online on Eagles, Cedric Thornton agree…|
|shopping.google.nl on Hunter Pence Rides ‘Let…|
|Chutley on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money