Jul 20, 2011, 12:29 PM EST
It’s gonna be a battle at Wrigley Field this afternoon. Not only the Phillies vs. the Cubs, but the sun vs. humans. While Tuesday night wasn’t nearly as hot and sticky as Monday evening, both of those games were played with our planet’s star out of plain sight. Today, it’s going to be friggin’ hot.
How hot? The local morning news station in Chicago today said the heat index could reach 115 degrees.
The two guys who will have to battle the heat the most are starting pitchers Vance Worley (5-1, 2.15) and right-hander Ryan Dempster (7-6, 4.68)
Chooch gets the day game after night game off, so Brian Schneider will call the game for Worley.
The full lineup: Rollins, Martinez, Utley, Howard, Victorino, Ibanez, Brown, Schneid, and Worley.
The Phillies will try to build off their late inning heroics last night and forget about how quiet their bats were up to that point in Chicago. A win today and the series victory parade continues.
First pitch scheduled for 2:20 EST.
Programming note: I’ll be out somewhere in the bleachers this afternoon, drinking a few Old Styles. So things could be a little light the rest of the afternoon.
|Nick Russo on 3 Stars: Giroux, Voracek pace…|
|Steve on Adrian Peterson thinks Mike Vi…|
|Ummmm on Union unveil new primary kits,…|
|bulldogmomanne on Before This Week, the Most Un-…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return