Oct 18, 2012, 9:34 AM EDT
Hunter Pence failed to help his San Francisco Giants beat the St. Louis Cardinals on Wednesday night, finishing the night 0-4 at the plate. After the game, he put the blame on his own shoulders, calling himself the goat.
He also mentioned his former Phillies teammate giving him some advice about how to respond after a bad game. Oh, and he used another one of those food analogies he seems to love.
Stay hungry, my friend:
the goat today. I didn’t get the job done with big opportunities. And
I’m going to go home and learn from what happened, come back for a big
game tomorrow and be hungry.”
And on his pal Big Jimmer:
“Jim Thome said something to me earlier this year that I really liked. When he has a bad game he goes home and he gets better because of it. It makes him better. Hopefully I’m able to do that.”
Have you been keeping up with the NLCS at all? St. Louis now leads the series 2-1 over San Fran. Who are you pulling for?
|FlyersFan on Wayne Simmonds on Hartsy and V…|
|FlyersFan on Jason Akeson doesn’t deserve t…|
|Shane Gostisbehere on Jason Akeson doesn’t deserve t…|
|Fly guy on Jason Akeson doesn’t deserve t…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money