Aug 26, 2011, 12:46 PM EDT
The hurricane that is swirling out over the Atlantic Ocean could really put a damper on sporting events this weekend up and down the entire East Coast. The Philadelphia Union’s game scheduled for Sunday against the New England Revolution has already been pushed back to September 7th, and the Phillies have moved their Sunday game to a Saturday 1:05 start.
With the way weather forecasts are currently looking, Friday night’s Phillies-Marlins game may actually be the only one they squeeze in before the rains come.
We’ll keep you abreast of all changes in the sporting schedule. Otherwise, be sure to stock up on milk, bread, whiskey, and beer. Could be a long weekend in doors without power.
Also of note, Mayor Nutter just announced that SEPTA will shut down ALL operations at midnight Saturday evening.
Cliff Lee artwork by the great Alright Mike
|psudrozz on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money