Oct 23, 2013, 4:05 PM EDT
The World Series between the Boston Red Sox and the St. Louis Cardinals gets underway this evening up at Fenway Park. With the hopes of Philadelphia bringing a trophy back to Citizens Bank Park shelved for at least another year or five, the only logical rooting interest in this matchup is to pull for the Hawaiian guy who once helped bring that amazing parade down Broad Street back in 2008.
I’m pulling for Shane Victorino in the World Series, I guess.
It feels a little weird pulling for any team from Boston. But it’s not like the Sox have done anything all that negative to the Phillies whereas the St. Louis Cardinals still provided the most miserable day at CBP I’ve ever experienced back when Roy Halladay lost game five. I’ll forever remember that awful feeling. So they can go swim in the Charles River for all I care.
Pulling for Shane to rock some skee goggles at some point in the next week or two. How about you?
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return