Jun 18, 2011, 1:20 PM EDT
Raul Ibanez returned to Seattle last night for the first time as a member of the Phillies. He went 1-4 and was greeted warmly by Mariners fans. He spent parts of ten seasons in Seattle, accumulating some decent numbers along the way (.284, 127 HR, 547 RBI).
Recently, Phillies fans have become more and more vocal over his lack of range, declining throwing arm, and extended hitting slumps. However, there’s one person Raul became friendly with during his time in Seattle who likely remains firmly in his corner.
Check out this clip of Eddie Vedder talking about Raul as Pearl Jam helped to close out the Specturm back in 2009. What? You thought a Phillies visit to Seattle would pass by without me working in a Pearl Jam post? Really?
|psudrozz on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|Negativo on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|Chuck on The Evster’s NBA Playoff…|
|psudrozz on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money