Aug 9, 2013, 11:36 AM EDT
Solid tweet from Phillies beat writer Matt Gelb this morning:
— Matt Gelb (@magelb) August 9, 2013
Amaro said this yesterday at the press conference to announce Chase Utley’s extension with the club. The conversation obviously lead to whether or not Utley can be a part of a winning ball club in the future in Philadelphia. Ruben seems to look at this club and see something different than their record would indicate.
I’m of the opinion the Utley deal was the right move at the right price and length. But as for the rest of the club, I might have to side with Bob Brookover on this one.
Do you think Ruben Amaro Jr. is delusional?
Here’s RAJ and Chase talking about the extension yesterday:
|Tom on Union have real chance to make…|
|Craig on It doesn’t matter what w…|
|t800m101 on Interesting theory on Jake Vor…|
|ochospantalones on Cliff Lee struck out 13 Braves…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money