Aug 23, 2013, 3:55 PM EDT
This is where we’d typically make a joke about 90s Retro Night being the most interesting thing going on down at the ball park this evening but with the stretch of walkoff winners the Phillies have put together over the past few weeks, the Fightins have treated us to some pretty exciting late heroics.
Some fans, myself included one night a few weeks ago, have been a little lax about leaving to beat traffic before the final pitch has been thrown. The fight this team has shown has made those who opted to leave early pay — in shame, at least.
Three of Ryne Sandberg’s wins as Phils’ skipper have been walkoffs. So, no leaving early tonight as the Phils kick off a set with the Arizona Diamondbacks. Cole Hamels is on the hill this evening and will take on fellow lefty Wade Miley.
Jim Salisbury has a nice Q&A with Ruben Amaro today that is kind of a nice state of the Phillies read, which included this great follow up:
Q. Do you hear people saying the Phillies fired the wrong guy?
A. I do not. I’m sure that there are people opining in different ways, but I don’t listen to the radio. I don’t think it does me or the organization any good to listen to that kind of stuff.
Q. It’s not just on the radio, it’s all over the place. What about the notion of it? Does it bother you?
There’s also a frank bit about Papelbon where Ruben is asked whether the closer is a positive or negative influence. Worth a read.
7:05 from CBP. Don’t forget to bring your under-14-year-old cousin with you and steal their John Kruk action figurine. Also, Mitchy Poo will throw out the first pitch this evening. Hopefully we get a nice leg kick.
|Marianne on Cole Hamels could miss all of…|
|teguhp63 on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|33 on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|sfsu on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return