Aug 22, 2011, 2:06 PM EDT
As Matt Gelb pointed out on Twitter, who needs beat writers any more when you have Jimmy Rollins breaking news of his looming trip to the DL?
Soooooo this is what we got…mild grade 2 strain. DL
Jimmy then followed that up with:
Gone till September………
Jimmy hurt his groin on Sunday when making a real nice play up the middle on which he got to a deep ball before spinning and throwing out a runner at first. He came up gimpy after the play and was pulled after the second inning.
The Phillies have not announced anything officially, but I’d expect Placido Polanco to come off the DL for this evening’s game as he said he told us over the weekend.
It’s just the latest in a long line of J-Roll nagging injuries. They certainly can’t be helping his check book too much. But the more important thing is to get him healthy for the postseason
|wholesale Senior Bow… on ‘Who’s That Guy?…|
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money