Apr 12, 2012, 4:18 PM EST
After a jam-packed evening — loved the Flyers’ jam especially — in Philly sports on Wednesday night, the lone baseball game this evening at CBP seems almost like a break from the madness. There’s no break for the Phillies, however, with tonight being the second of 15 games in 15 days.
Joe Blanton will make his first start of the 2012 season but did make one appearance out of the bullpen in Pittsburgh. That didn’t go real well as Joe the Lumber gave up one run on two hits in 2/3 innings of work which earned him the L.
In his last start, Blanton was relieved by one Cole Hamels. Pretty sure that’s not going to happen again tonight. That was way back on September 28, 2011 when the Phils were finishing the season in Atlanta and trying to fine tune for the postseason. Blanton didn’t get a decision in his five appearances after coming back from the DL late last season.
The Phillies offense will face Mark Buehrle, the Marlins’ expensive offseason starting pitching acquisition, for the first time since 2004 for the White Sox in inter-league play. He took the loss in his first start of the season against the Reds back on April 5th, giving up 2 earned on 6 hits and 2 walks over 6 innings of work.
No Juan Pierre in the lineup for the Fightins tonight as Charlie has bumped Shane Victorino back up to the leadoff spot and will play Ty Wigginton at first and John Mayberry Jr. in left.
Charlie’s Nine: 1. Victorino, 2. Polanco, 3. Rollins 4. Pence, 5. Mayberry, 6. Wigginton, 7. Ruiz, 8. Galvis, 9. Blanton.
First pitch scheduled for 7:05. Bring a jacket. It was mad chilly last night.
|Jason R. on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|Webuppp on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|kirk on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Tito Santantana Offt… on Allen Iverson in latest Reebok…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return