Jul 16, 2012, 7:35 PM EST
Before we get to tonight’s late start in Los Angeles, three Phillies links worth your time.
1.) Todd Zolecki thinks the only way Cole Hamels signs with Philadelphia prior to the trade deadline is if Ruben Amaro Jr. blows him away. Zo doesn’t see that happening, and if it doesn’t, he believes the Phillies should trade Hamels. So basically Zo thinks Hamels will get traded baring a blow-away offer from the Phils. Sad face.
A quick aside, Hamels has been credited with 28% of the Phillies’ wins this season (11 of 39), the highest such percentage in the majors, per Elias.
2.) Charlie Manuel talks to Sirius (Siri) on his iPhone. Must read from Yahoo!’s Dave Brown.
3.) Charlie Manuel addresses the team to talk about Breaking Bad’s Season 5 premier (spoilers) in which Shane Victorino gets a machine gun. Must read from Zoo with Roy’s Alan Sepinpenguin.
Now, on to tonight’s action in which Joe Blanton (7-8, 4.98) takes on Dodger right-hander Nathan Eovaldi (1-5, 4.21).
Coming off a series win to kick off the second half, the Phillies still find themselves 11 games out of the Wild Card. Still plenty of baseball to be played, but expectations aren’t really the playoffs any longer. Just try to win some series here.
In his last outing before the break, Heavy B was roughed up against the Braves to the tune of 5 earned on 9 hits over 6.1 in a loss. He has had good control, leading the legue in BB/9.0 IP at 1.31 and SO/BB ratio at 5.94, but he continues to give up the long ball at a damaging clip.
Roy Halladay will return from the DL and is scheduled to start on Tuesday night.
Ryan Howard and Chase Utley return to the linup this evening. Howard has not been sharp since returning from an extended rehab and is hitless since the ASG and is in a current 0-13 streak.
10:10 start from the West Coast.
The full lineup:
Lineup at Dodgers.Rollins. Vic. Utley. Howard. Ruiz.Pence.Pierre.Polanco. Joe B.
— Jim Salisbury (@JSalisburyCSN) July 16, 2012
|BenE. on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
|psudrozz on Stop blaming Claude Giroux for…|
|O'Doyle Rules on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
|reverendpaulrevere on Stop blaming Claude Giroux for…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages