Sep 3, 2013, 12:02 PM EST
We all know the Phillies are double digit games under five hundred on the season but last night’s contest against the Nationals proved that even in a lost season, there can still be plenty of excitement in any one game. Last night it came in a late 8th inning comeback led by some old familiar faces.
Started by the bat and base running of Jimmy Rollins, helped with a good eye from Chase Utley, and capped off with the stroke of Chooch, the Phillies came back from a deficit to take the late lead that Jonathan Papelbon did just enough to hold onto.
But it was the J-Roll play at the plate that was extra exciting.
The second you saw Juan Samuel waving Jimmy home you knew it was going to be a real close play. He was gambling for sure. But the decision paid off. With the help of Kevin Frandsen directing him nicely to the inside part of the plate, Jimmy made a fantastic diving slide that just beat the tag and Rollins let some much-welcomed emotion show. J-Roll was pumped.
So, in a season of disappointment, we can at least still enjoy the little things we used to get on a pretty regular basis. Hey, some high fives are better than no high fives.
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return