Oct 5, 2012, 10:45 AM EDT
Take preventative measures now to avoid your 2012 Post Phillies Season Depression. Don’t wait to find yourself at home idly flipping channels trying to find the Phils game, only to realize there isn’t one. Don’t head to your local bar to drown your sorrows in a pint alone and reflect on the 2012 season that wasn’t. And please, please do not fill your newly freed up October weeknights watching Dancing with the Stars.
Instead, join Major League Bocce starting next week for your Tuesday nights out. The 700 Level crew is doing it. Compete with us each week on the custom-designed indoor courts at the Field House in Center City. You can enjoy the $4 Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale and 60 Minute IPA specials. Meet other sports fans and make some new friends. To be clear, bocce is a game enjoyed by people of all ages, but almost universally with a beverage in one hand and a ball in the other. How can you lose under those conditions? You can’t.
Want to start the competition early? You can still submit a photo entry in the Beer and Balls photo contest hosted by The 700Level and Major League Bocce. The contest winner will get a free spot on The 700Level team and space for a “plus one.” Check out the competition and enter now. Every contestant will get a $5 discount on their season with Major League Bocce.
Here are the only stats you need to have a happy fall full of drinking and sports:
- Register for Major League Bocce before October 8th
– Play Tuesdays starting October 16th, concluding December 11th (between 7 and 10PM)
– Drink $4 Dogfish Head drafts at the newly renovated, grown-up Field House (Google map)
*PPSD – Post Phillies Season Depression
|psudrozz on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|2sentz on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|najwa wahid on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|walt on Ryan Howard suddenly off to on…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money