Jun 12, 2012, 11:27 AM EDT
The 2012 Muck Ruckus MS Philly went off without a hitch this weekend out in Newtown Square where over 4,200 runners took on the gauntlet of goofy obstacles and aromatic mud to help raise both money and awareness for the National MS Society.
The700Level team showed up a bit nervous to take on the course for the first time, but after a couple of faces full of mud, the anxiety all turned into smiles. Well, smiles with plenty of sweat and really sore muscles. [photo gallery below]
In addition to the 4,200 people who ran in the race over Saturday and Sunday, another 300 volunteered to help out over the two day event and over $600,000 was raised for the MS Society.
You can see our photo gallery of many of the obstacles here. Some of them were fun and easy like the see-saw and the slide into the big mud pit at the finish, while others were brutal like crawling through a thicker mud pit commando style, or walking through a make shift pond that was as warm as a bath. And the moving rope swing over the mud pond pictured below? Good luck with that one.
Huge thanks to the Megan, Emmet, Caroline, Mike Y, Dan, and everyone else who made Saturday a really fun day.
You can already sign up to participate in the 2013 race. Two things we’ll have for next year: more teammates and team t-shirts. We weren’t hip to the t-shirts this year, but there were some great team unis. The Dirty Milfs were quite popular. My favorite was a guy whose shirt simply said “Slow and Dirty.” Sounds about right.
See you next year?
Video: Here’s a fun video someone else put together of the event.
|brandonphilly on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
|CD on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|NBA lottery is rigge… on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|J on CEO Scott O’Neil promise…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money