Feb 3, 2012, 10:43 AM EST
The Washington Nationals are sick* of Phillies fans taking over their ballpark and turning it into Citizens Bank Park South for three game series at a time. So they’re trying to do something about it. How do they plan to try and keep Phillies fans away? By selling tickets to the Phillies series for an entire month only to people with a credit card tied to a Maryland, DC, or Virginia address.
This may sound wise in theory, but to me it’s just a boon for Stubhub. Some enterprising DC resident will purchase a bunch of tickets, put them up on Stubhub and resell them to Phillies fans for a profit.
And that doesn’t even take into account the thousands of displaced Phillies fans who happen to live in and around our nation’s capital.
Can’t keep us down.
It is a cute gesture by the Nationals organization though. Makes it look like they’re trying.
>>Nationals launch ‘Take Back the Park’ campaign [DC Sports Bog]
*or they’re just pretend acting like they’re sick of selling lots of tickets that happen to be going to fans of the opposition
|willh888 on Fan stretches (on concrete) ri…|
|TruthBeTold on Video: Flyers and Capitals eng…|
|Bronson on Sometimes you just want to giv…|
|2sentz on Fan stretches (on concrete) ri…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return