Jun 16, 2012, 8:40 AM EST
Any momentum gained in taking two of three from a weak AL opponent hit the rocks last night as the Philllies lost the series opener in Toronto, 3-0. Worse than the L, which has plenty of company this season and more on the way, is the loss of Carlos Ruiz for at least a little while.
The Phils’ top bat in 2012 joins the list of sidelined players with a strained oblique suffered on a swing in the sixth inning. Jim Salisbury reports that Chooch wasn’t available to talk after the game, and there won’t be an update on his status until at least after an evaluation today. A DL stint is possible, and Erik Kratz has been called up. (Full story from Sully here)
If Ruiz hits the DL, he’ll take a .362/.424/.578/1.002 line with him, not to mention his stoic stability behind the plate. Hopefully today’s evaluation will show a day-to-day variety strain and that won’t be necessary. Either way, not exactly the kind of news we anticipated starting a gorgeous Philly weekend with, but considering how this season in Phils injuries has gone, we probably should have penciled this in.
Life goes… on?
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return