Aug 23, 2012, 12:03 PM EDT
By most accounts, 1990s night at Citizens Bank Park was a huge success with Phillies fans. We got to see those old school uniforms of yesteryear and enjoy the stellar scoreboard Photoshop work to make Dom Brown look like Carlton Banks or Chase Utley look like Brenda’s brother in 90210. But one minor detail failed to live up to the glory of the 90s.
Although, I will say, the fake Sporty Spice may have actually been a step up from the real one.
The Spice Girls appearance also led to my dad and I discussing their appearance at the Olympics in which I reinforced my belief that they should have fallen off those speeding taxis to make for amazing television. Sadly, no Spice Girls got onto the Phanatic’s four-wheeler last night either.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money