Sep 7, 2011, 6:48 PM EDT
A rare instance in this evening’s game when the Phillies starter actually has a higher ERA than the opposing team’s starter. Roy Oswalt (7-8, 3.80) takes on right-hander Brandon Beach (7-2, 3.37) in the third and final game of the series.
From the Notes: With a win tonight, the Phillies would become the first team to sweep Atlanta in a series of at least three games all season. In addition, that would leave Philly as the only MLB club this year yet to be swept in a series of three-or-more games. So far this season, the Phils have completed eight sweeps in 19 chances. The last time the Braves were swept in a three-game set was last September at, you guessed it, Citizens Bank Park.
Tonight’s Lineup: Victorino, Polanco, Utley, Howard, Pence, Ibanez, Ruiz, Martinez, and Oswalt.
7:05 start time. Could be some inclement weather once again.
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|willh888 on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Gregg on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|bruiserbrigade on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money