Sep 7, 2011, 6:48 PM EDT
A rare instance in this evening’s game when the Phillies starter actually has a higher ERA than the opposing team’s starter. Roy Oswalt (7-8, 3.80) takes on right-hander Brandon Beach (7-2, 3.37) in the third and final game of the series.
From the Notes: With a win tonight, the Phillies would become the first team to sweep Atlanta in a series of at least three games all season. In addition, that would leave Philly as the only MLB club this year yet to be swept in a series of three-or-more games. So far this season, the Phils have completed eight sweeps in 19 chances. The last time the Braves were swept in a three-game set was last September at, you guessed it, Citizens Bank Park.
Tonight’s Lineup: Victorino, Polanco, Utley, Howard, Pence, Ibanez, Ruiz, Martinez, and Oswalt.
7:05 start time. Could be some inclement weather once again.
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
|kirk on Video proof that Wayne Simmond…|
|Andrew Kulp on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return