Apr 15, 2011, 9:53 PM EST
Although an established and talented pitcher, Roy Oswalt probably feels a little like a comedian about to take the stage after Chris Rock and Ricky Gervais did their acts. Little Roy gets the start tonight at Citizens Bank Park against the Florida Marlins and will attempt to follow up a pair of complete games from Roy Halladay and Cliff Lee down in DC on Wednesday and Thursday.
After Oswalt’s first start of the season, Roy talked a bit about what it’s like to follow those pitchers’ impressive performances, “First two guys come out and throw unbelievable. You don’t want to be the odd man out.”
So expect Roy to go nine innings tonight, right?
“If Roy can go nine, Roy will go nine,” Charlie Manuel said prior to this evenings game, noting that getting the win always trumps whether a guy finishes a game, but also added that any of his five starters can go the distance on any given night.
Oswalt (2-0, 2.25) will take on the Marlins righthander Javier Vasquez in the first meeting of the season between the two teams this evening.
Two big changes to the Phils lineup this evening as Ross Gload will start in rightfield in place of Ben Francisco and will bat sixth behind Raul Ibanez. Gload has great career numbers against Vazquez with a .457 BA, 1.215 OPS over 35 at bats. Pete Orr will also start at second and bat eighth behind Carlos Ruiz.
A very nice yet chilly night at the ball park in South Philly. Almost feels a little weird to only have the Phillies in action with the Sixers and Flyers having the night off. But hey! The Soul are in town.
The Phillies will honor Jackie Robinson this evening as every player will wear No. 42 as their jersey number for the game against Florida.
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return