Aug 15, 2011, 12:18 PM EDT
The Phillies game on Sunday was washed out by the rain, leaving reporters with no on-field action to write about. But fear not, because Hunter Pence was around in the clubhouse and was more than agreeable to once again discuss his perfect match with the city of Philadelphia.
Our colleague John Finger delved into Hunter’s words, looking for insights into what makes Pence tick. It’s a nice look at the Phillies newest outfielder/crush-object and why there’s such a mutual admiration between him and the city of Philadelphia.
Also, Pence’s family went out and drove his car to Philly for him, found him a pretty sweet crib, and furnished it all while the team was on their most recent 10-game road swing which they finished with 9-1 record. Similar to his spot in right field at CBP, the views from his new pad are pretty awesome.
furnished,” he said. “It’s like the coolest place I’ve ever been—I’m
overlooking Philadelphia with all the windows everywhere. I’m by the
water. I see a bridge, I can see the buildings… It’s beautiful and I
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
|Scott B on What happens on April 4th,…|
|db21 on Safety First: Eagles agree to…|
|BS Bully on Ryan Howard Needs Surgery for…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return