Aug 15, 2011, 12:18 PM EDT
The Phillies game on Sunday was washed out by the rain, leaving reporters with no on-field action to write about. But fear not, because Hunter Pence was around in the clubhouse and was more than agreeable to once again discuss his perfect match with the city of Philadelphia.
Our colleague John Finger delved into Hunter’s words, looking for insights into what makes Pence tick. It’s a nice look at the Phillies newest outfielder/crush-object and why there’s such a mutual admiration between him and the city of Philadelphia.
Also, Pence’s family went out and drove his car to Philly for him, found him a pretty sweet crib, and furnished it all while the team was on their most recent 10-game road swing which they finished with 9-1 record. Similar to his spot in right field at CBP, the views from his new pad are pretty awesome.
furnished,” he said. “It’s like the coolest place I’ve ever been—I’m
overlooking Philadelphia with all the windows everywhere. I’m by the
water. I see a bridge, I can see the buildings… It’s beautiful and I
|your a fool on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|phillyphanatic77 on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|Hiccup on Cliff Lee struck out 13 Braves…|
|Chutley on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money