Sep 12, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
The biggest announcement in the world was made today at 1:00 when MLB released the 2013 schedule.
The Phillies 2013 campaign will kick off on the Road in Atlanta on April 1st before returning home to Citizens Bank Park to host the Kansas City Royals in inter-league play on Friday, April 5 at an odd 4:05 start time.
One of the unique quirks of the 2013 schedule is a home-and-home with the Red Sox with two games being played at Fenway Park on May 27 and 28th and two games at Citizens Bank Park being played on May 29 and 30th. Sadly for road trippers, those are all weekday games (Mon-Thurs).
The Phils will travel to Minnesota for three mid-week games in June and to Detroit for a weekend set at the end of July. Who wants to road trip to Detroit Rock City!? The always popular Wrigley Field visit takes place on the last weekend in August (30th through Sept. 1) which should make for a popular destination.
West Coast swings take place early in May (San Fran on May 6-8, Arizona 9-12) and the end of June (SD June 24-26, LAD June 27-30).
The season finishes with seven straight road games, 3 in Miami before a regular-season-ending 4-game set in Atlanta.
You can view the Phillies complete 2013 schedule here.
|t800m101 on Getting to know the enemy: Fou…|
|Bob on Getting to know the enemy: Fou…|
|Marvin Monroe on Getting to know the enemy: Fou…|
|psudrozz on Getting to know the enemy: Fou…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money