Aug 23, 2012, 7:05 PM EDT
To the surprise of no one, Cole Hamels (14-6, 2.94) is having a teriffic season. The words Cy Young have even been lobbed around lately, although he’ll need to have quite the finish to truly get in the hunt.
Beating the potential front-runner tonight would be a good start. The Reds’ Johnny Cueto is absolutely cruising in 2012. His 16 wins and 2.44 ERA are tops in the National League. Needless to say, tonight has pitchers’ duel written all over it.
Cueto hasn’t fared so well versus the Phillies however. In five career starts, the righthander is 1-2 with a 5.65 ERA. Having said that, the 26 year old really only came into his own last season, and this lineup is not piled to the brim with star power as it once was.
As for Hamels, he’s the owner of a perfect record over Cincinnati. In nine starts, King Cole is 7-0 with a 1.44 ERA, and also holds a 1-0, 0.00 postseason victory over tonight’s opponent.
Jimmy Rollins has the night off, with Michael Martinez taking his place, but everybody knows it’s the Dom Brown show now. Here’s the lineup:
#Phillies lineup: Pierre, Frandsen, Utley, Howard, Brown, Nix (CF), Kratz, Martinez (SS), Hamels.
— Ryan Lawrence (@ryanlawrence21) August 23, 2012
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money